Pages

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Another Teaser Tuesday!



Here we are again with Teaser Tuesday, hosted by MizB at shouldbereading.wordpress.com brought to me by way of Ms. Lucy at Enchanted by Josephine.




Here's how to play:

*Grab your current read,
*Open to a random page,
*Share two “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page,
*Please no spoilers!
*Share the title & author.

Here's this week's Teaser:

From Catherine MacCoun's "The Age of Miracles."

"The first snow of the winter weighted the clouds and made the town quiet. Though it was still midafternoon, lamps burned in the shops and houses. Night would be falling even before the church bells rang vespers. The heads of his children, like gay gallant flames, made people smile as they passed."

(I prefer to add 4 lines. Makes things more interesting!)

Your turn!

8 comments:

  1. When Eduard Raban, coming along the passage, walked into the open doorway, he could now see how it was raining. It wasn't raining much.

    Wedding Preparations in the Country
    -Franz Kafka

    ReplyDelete
  2. The next morning the other kids got on the bus, Wanda threw up without me, and I lay on the couch while mom packed the green suitcase. My hands shook as I dressed Casper the Ghost in pale green doll pajamas and white socks.

    Driving with Dead People
    Monica Holloway

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning:) I loved the passage you posted! Thanks for the link:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anandi~ Thanks for playing! Time to read some Kafka!

    g.~ Love the part about dressing the ghost "in pale green doll pajamas and white socks."

    Ms. Lucy~ I'm already starting to read my books with an eye for Teaser Tuesday quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey....You WON My Cousin Rachel in my DuMaurier Giveaway!! Stop on by and send me your address!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy~ Whoo Hoo! I'll be right over!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The author's use of description is powerful. Don't tease me. Tell me something about this book. PLEASE!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Relyn~ An interesting romance/historical fiction. Not the best I've ever read but entertaining. I'm not much of a romance reader but still enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and Welcome!
Thanks for coming and for making your thoughts and feelings known. I appreciate all comments greatly.
Hope to see you again!
Kirsten