Pages

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Ray Bradbury on Writing Persistently


Something to be said (from a master) about writing for ourselves. Turning that corner to writing from exteriors to creating from interiors; our experiences, all so unique and divine in their own ways. No two stories alike, not lived the same, experienced the same or told the same.

I'm looking forward to reading his book, "Zen in the Art of Writing: Releasing the Creative Genius in You." I just KNEW there was a creative genius in here. She's just been held hostage by that devilish inner critic~ like the guy in France who wears a disguise, helps himself to gourmet food by topnotch chefs and then swings his magic wand (from behind closed screens), holding sway over how many others order from said chef's menu.

My creative genius has been trapped under years of heavy baggage loaded with molting, overripe cheeses~ like the kind friends once tried to send home from France, which got lost and arrived months later. Needless to say, all of the stinking cargo had to be thrown out. My guess is the bag went as well!

Time to throw out the old, moldy footschtink that's been festering for decades and allow the creative goddess to play, dance, create to her wild heart's content.

Now if I could just find my lined paper...

13 comments:

  1. Or use unlined paper. And write sideways and upside down. In a variety of colored inks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Relyn~ I like the idea of upside down! And different colors. Will have to experiment.
    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard all good things about this book. Sometimes writers need all the motivation they can get;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how true! Kirsten, how are you? I thank you so much for visiting my silly site! I have been so busy with my teaching job that I haven't had the time I really want to dedicate to writing. Thank you for this encouraging post! Peace to you, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  5. cThat sounds like a good book. Looking forward to hearing about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ms. Lucy~ That is for certain!

    Anita~ Thanks for coming by! Love your site. Maybe summer will give you time to write!

    Ticklish~ I'll let you know what I find out about it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! Welcome to blogging - looks like you are off to a great start. Wishing you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks annechovie for your kind words and good wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do let me know how this book turns out! My inner writing gene needs to wake up too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Polly~ Maybe summer will be good to all of us writers! I'll let you know how the book is!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful interview. We all need to encouraged and inspired because everyone is creative. We just need time to explore that creativity. Unleash the genius. Carla x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Carla~ Thanks for coming by! And I agree: Everyone is creative even though they might not think so. Letting loose plays a big role!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I enjoyed listening to Ray Bradbury. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and Welcome!
Thanks for coming and for making your thoughts and feelings known. I appreciate all comments greatly.
Hope to see you again!
Kirsten