Pages

Monday, August 31, 2009

Monday is 'Missing Paris Day'~Cafe Le Lutetia

(photograph copyright: Kirsten Steen)


Time again for photos of Paris. After having a house full of French-Americans for the last 2 weeks, I am once again missing Paris. This photo is the cafe mentioned in an earlier post, sitting on a corner of the Ile St. Louis, just down the rue from the one-time home of Camille Claudel (a future post). It's a place we often stop for a chocolat chaud or un kir (my favorite drink of white wine with a splash of cassis) and watch the river and the tourists flow by. For a view of the Seine from a nearby bridge, click here.

Hope everyone had a fabulous summer and looking forward to catching up on my blog reading!

6 comments:

  1. Good morning Kirsten!
    What a great place this is! Isn't Lutetia the ancient name for Paris? Es-tu française? As-tu habité Paris? Hey, thanks for coming by my site and visiting my play! I hope I get some people submitting acts, or else I may have to do it myself....I want others to do it! Oh well, come by anyway to check out the outcome and happy French dreams....Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm struggling not to be repetitive. But since I can't seem to help it, I'll say I love your posts!
    Cheers to Paris!
    But what about teaser Tuesday?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just love the Ile St. Louis? I'm dying to be in Paris right now. Do I always say that? I think I do - but it is true. I would pack my bags and move there in a minute, if I could! Looking forward to your post on my favorite - Camille Claudel.
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anita~ Oui, Lutetia is Paris' ancient name. Et mais non, je ne suis pas francaise. Et oui, j'ai habite a Paris mais pas maintenant. But I miss it all the time. Can't wait to read your play's last act!

    Anandi~ Brought back Teaser Tuesdays! Will alternate with Travelin Tuesday. Thanks for coming by!

    Catherine~ I DO love the Ile St. Louis! Can never get enough of it when I'm there. We took a year off and lived in Paris, traveling and enjoying the city. Working toward doing that again! Hope you get the chance too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh how charming :) what a cute cafe! ps. i heart your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it funny how you can go on vacation and miss, honestly miss blogger buddies. I feel always compelled to go and catch up on every single post.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and Welcome!
Thanks for coming and for making your thoughts and feelings known. I appreciate all comments greatly.
Hope to see you again!
Kirsten