Pages

Monday, December 27, 2010

Notre Dame Noel~ Missing Paris Day

(Photographs copyright: Kirsten Steen)

 
Someday I'd like to go to Midnight Mass at Notre Dame on Christmas.
I've been told it's spectacular.
The family we normally spend it with,
when in Paris for the holidays,
lives about three hours outside of Paris.
And we've never been inclined to give up that time with them
for anything.

 
I love how Paris dresses herself up pretty during the holidays,
making herself even more inviting.


While I love the holidays, I'm finding myself happy to have them behind us again this year.
I can feel the collective sigh of relief from adults and parents.
Time for quiet family dinners...
 and New Year's Resolutions!

Got any?




5 comments:

  1. Hey Kirsten!!!! Happy Holidays to you too! How was your Christmas?! Here it was a snowy white and quite peaceful:) Love this post and I too would have loved midnight mass in what is probably the most beautiful cathedral ever. BTW, sorry I haven't been by in awhile...too much going on for my liking- but hoping that 2011 will be way better;) so, I just noticed your most FABULOUS header!!! Love it:)
    Big Hugs to you,
    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  2. KIRSTEN! Oh dear, wouldn't it be splendid to be in Notre Dame during le Noël? But of course, when you have loved ones so far from it, the logical choice would be to spend it with people you love...and what a perfect time to do such that. Thank you as well, for always providing a beautiful portal for me to walk through one of my favorite places on earth, and for your kind words. I believe we have "known" each other since my beginnings in Blogland two years ago, coming up in January. Carmel is also one of our common grounds, isn't it?

    May 2011 bring you much success and most of all, love.

    Bises! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful. I too feel like I have just returned from a battle of sorts - Christmas is much work for me as the Mom. I find myself these last few days, wondering "what now?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing these photos of Paris. Most of us will never get a chance to see it decked out for Christmas. You've brought back my memories of my only trip there in 2003..what a thrill it was to see all those beautiful buildings and places that I'd become familiar with on the pages o a book!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and Welcome!
Thanks for coming and for making your thoughts and feelings known. I appreciate all comments greatly.
Hope to see you again!
Kirsten