Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Cutting For Stone~ Teaser Tuesday









Hosted by MizB at shouldbereading.

Here's how to play:

*Grab your current read,
*Open to a random page,
*Share a few “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page,
*Please no spoilers!
*Share the title & author.
 
The selection this week from Abraham Verghese's Cutting For Stone:
 
"Being the firstborn gives you great patience. But you reach a point where after trying and trying you say, Patience be damned. Let them suffer their distorted worldview. Your job is to preserve yourself, not to descend into their hole. It's a relief when you arrive at this place, the point of absurdity, because then you are free, you know you owe them nothing. I'd reached that point..."
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. OH HOW I LOVE this game....how I wish I could play with you dearest! I am so busy these days with report cards at school, and home renovations at home! BUT GOOD TO SEE YOU!!! Anita

    ReplyDelete

Hello and Welcome!
Thanks for coming and for making your thoughts and feelings known. I appreciate all comments greatly.
Hope to see you again!
Kirsten