Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Tribute to Abb

 

Please accept my apologies for being gone so long.
We have lost a beloved family member. 
My father-in-love of twenty years
lived a wonderful, full, happy life
and still left us too soon.

He welcomed me with loving, wide open arms on every visit
regardless of political differences.
He gave us joy, love and laughter...
and with a slight Texas accent, called us all 'Sugar'. 
He gave me my beloved
and taught him how to be a good man.

We miss you, Sugar. 

I will return soon, I promise. 

4 comments:

  1. Dear Kirsten,
    I am so sorry to hear of your loss ~ my thoughts and condolencesare with you and you family.
    xo,
    Nathalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about your father-in-law. It sounds like he was so dear to you. I love the nickname he used to call you, so sweet. Thinking of you today.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete
  3. My darling one,

    I am so sorry to hear of your loss. It is never ever easy. It is down right ugly to see a soul wisp away from our sight and grasp. Much love to you and I TOO have been away for a week and I am finally back. Anita

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely tribute to Sugar. I will miss hearing you talk about him.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and Welcome!
Thanks for coming and for making your thoughts and feelings known. I appreciate all comments greatly.
Hope to see you again!
Kirsten