Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

Angels and Shepherds in the 16th~ Missing Paris Day


Just across the Seine from the Eiffel Tower
and across the street from the Trocadero,
in the 16th arrondissement,
is the Cimetiere de Passy
where you and I have walked together before. 


I'm not sure if you know this about me yet
but I have a thing for
cemeteries. 


And angels.




I could spend entire days wandering around the alleyways 
looking at the ornate tombs and beautiful inscriptions.


Look how clean and perfectly lovely the cobblestone walkways are.

My sister and I visited our mother's gravesite during her visit home this summer
and it looks absolutely nothing like this.
A pioneer cemetery, we chose it because
 it had a natural, messy, chaotic beauty to it
that reminded us of her. 
With my niece and nephew,
we weeded and beautified her plot together 
until we had it looking respectable. 



I love how the little shepherdess looks like she's 
adding to the small garden plot from her own armful of flowers.
I still have a small cornucopia of photos from this walk in Paris
so we'll continue our stroll in Passy next time.



Cimetiere de Passy
2, rue du Commandant Schoesling
Metro: Trocadero


(Photo copyright: Kirsten Steen) 

5 comments:

  1. I did not get to that cemetery but I think wondering the cemetery in Paris was one of my favorite things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kirsten,
    I too love angels, and the cemetaries in Paris! Life has been hectic lately, I am looking forward to a little rhythm in my life :)
    Have a wonderful week,
    Nathalie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning dear heart! Oh, anywhere in Paris is a fascinating tour of pleasure, even in the lowest part of the city. GORGEOUS PHOTOS !!! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kirsten,
    I have a thing for angels too. In fact, I used to collect them. Your Paris pictures are wonderful, and it is a reminder that Nel will be there very soon on her honeymoon. I know some people don't do well at cemetaries, but whenever I go see my mom and dad there, I always feel a sense of calmness. This cemetary is beautiful.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the time I finally get to Paris, I'll feel at home. Thanks to you. I do so love your images, my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and Welcome!
Thanks for coming and for making your thoughts and feelings known. I appreciate all comments greatly.
Hope to see you again!
Kirsten