Pages

Friday, November 22, 2013

Triple Truth~ Buddhist thought for the day


"Teach this triple truth to all: 
A generous heart, kind speech, and a life of service 
and compassion are the things which renew humanity." 
~Buddha

Sometimes in the presence of other egos,
especially those vexatiously engaging mine,
I lose my way and need this reminder. 

I'm still working on being loving, kind, compassionate and generous
in the face of such egoism.  

I cannot just remove myself 
because they are clearly my life lesson
so will find me wherever I go. 

So I continue prayer and meditation
in the hopes that something will one day work;
that my thin skin will bolster up;
that offense will not be taken
(no matter how aimed),
and that my heart will be generous and compassionate. 

(Photo copyright: Kirsten Steen
Vaux de Cernay Abbaye, France)

2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful post and one we should all consider and hold in our hearts. Thank you.

    Happy thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not religious Kirsten, but love a good Buddhist quote. It's a good one to remember for the holidays. I run around gritting my teeth at Thanksgiving, having to do it all myself, so this year, I told the girls they have to come a day early to help. It will be good, except the grand dogs are coming too! Even for a dog nut like me, these are trying. I am afraid to ask the other ones if they are bringing theirs too. Well, at least, we'll all be together for another year.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and Welcome!
Thanks for coming and for making your thoughts and feelings known. I appreciate all comments greatly.
Hope to see you again!
Kirsten