Pages

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Le Train Bleu


So as promised,
here are a few more photos of the birthday dinner restaurant
with food photos. 


As mentioned, 
Le Train Bleu is located right inside the Gare de Lyon
with a lovely, sweeping staircase
leading up to the door.


And a menu sits at the bottom of the staircase. 


One of our dinner party members had the traditional Foie Gras.
I know.
I love it.
I'm sorry. 




My entree was a new concept of Foie Gras for me: 
They called it 'Royale de foie gras de canard et duxelle de champignons,
en cappuccino de celeri-rave'. 
It. Was. To. Die. For!


At first, I couldn't help looking at the block of foie gras on someone else's plate across from me,
bemoaning the fact that I had clearly ordered wrong.
Then I TASTED mine!
Floating foie gras in a cup
with a mushroom something-or-other on the bottom. 
Oh mon dieu! 
And the nice man sitting across from me
shared his block of FG with me anyway! 
So I got double the dose.  


He also shared his Noix de Saint-Jacques 
with spinach, endive and fennel. 


I had the Boeuf brase facon bourgeoise
with carrots and jus a glace. 



And then came the cheese,
which I couldn't finish. 




And Baba au Rhum
(Love when they leave the bottle!)


My niece had the Tiramisu
(which she also shared.)



And out the window was a view of the trains
coming in and leaving the station. 


I wandered about and took a few other view photos
on various shelves.


All in all, it was the perfect evening
with the big surprise at a sweet little bistro before dinner. 
I'll be back next week 
with photos of magical Paris!

(All photos copyright: Kirsten Steen)




5 comments:

  1. MON DIEU! La cuisine française, c'est le comble! Kirsten, all of this is unbelievably rich and delish; I loved the food everywhere I was in France. What a delight my dear. MORE MORE MORE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my! I'm sure I could never afford this but I think next time I'm in Paris I must try! What wonderful dining companions you had and how generous to share! So very, very beautiful! I just can't wait for the next chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had champagne there but not dinner. Thank you for the wonderful review! Miam miam.
    V

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty fabulous! Isn't it wonderful to keep on discovering such treasures?

    ReplyDelete

Hello and Welcome!
Thanks for coming and for making your thoughts and feelings known. I appreciate all comments greatly.
Hope to see you again!
Kirsten