Pages

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Victory Comes ~Buddhist Thought for the Day

(Photo from the Portland, OR Japanese Gardens)

"Endurance is one of the most difficult disciplines,
but it is to the one who endures
that the final victory comes." ~ Buddha

I'm back from the Whidbey Island Marathon,  
 where I walked 13.1 miles in my very first half marathon.

It was a lovely Girls' weekend with fabulous women,
good food, gorgeous weather and a beautiful course. 
I had more pain than expected   
(due to a pesky, slightly weighted fanny pack) 
but made it across the finish line. 
Now I can't wait for next year! 
And am thinking about doing the Happy Girls Half Marathon 
in Sisters, Oregon in November.

A friend is on his way to Boston
to run one more Boston Marathon
after last year's tragic event. 
Sending out endurance energy and good thoughts!

(Photo copyright: Kirsten Steen) 

4 comments:

  1. Hello there my dear friend! Back from Paris are you! WELCOME HOME, but of course, I am sure you have many fond memories that would lure you back in a heart beat. Thank you for this message about endurance; it IS one of the toughest disciplines, and yet when we practice it, we win. Thank you for coming to visit, and I wish you a peaceful weekend. Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear all about it Kirsten. Paris, I mean. I do have to start walking. You are amazing. Don't know if I could walk a mile without having a heart attack. You are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your marathon! Or half, but it seems like a whole to me! That's most impressive! And what a beautiful image and words to share.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, Kirsten! Way to go! Sorry about the weighted fanny pack, but you finished. And so glad it was a fun weekend. You deserved it. xxoo

    ReplyDelete

Hello and Welcome!
Thanks for coming and for making your thoughts and feelings known. I appreciate all comments greatly.
Hope to see you again!
Kirsten