Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Trip to Launois in the Champagne region


There's been much said recently about 
champagne helping to deter dementia and Alzheimers. 
A 2013 study found that three glasses a week
can help prevent memory loss. 


So we did our part to save our minds by making a trip to the Champagne region.
One of our main goals was 
to pick up some bubbly for Christmas
at Launois.


So we made a stop at the Launois tasting room and office
in the town of Le Mesnil-sur-Oger,
a village in the Cote des Blancs area
south of Epernay.





A very young pretty woman.
who spoke almost no English, 
served us a tasting of the Blanc de Blanc,
'white of whites' made mostly of Chardonnay grapes,
then took us back to the office.




Though I didn't get many snapshots,
the entire place,
every surface and every space on the walls,
 was filled with lovely things.
And since I collect angel photos,
I had to get this one. 



Since we had family coming in for the holidays
and knew we would be surrounded by loads of people
for our actual anniversary the night before Christmas Eve,
we picked a little town in the region to spend the night,
(which I'll show more next time)
and celebrated just the two of us
with champagne and dinner.



So sweet to steal away and relive some of our travels
during our time of living in France. 
Since champagne was our First Date cocktail together,
it seemed fitting to celebrate with a trip to the region.
And if bubbles will also boost my brain,
then I'm all for that! 

Happy New Year to all!





(photos copyright: Kirsten Steen)



3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful and sounds such fun! I'm all for stemming off Alzheimers in this wonderful way! Even if it doesn't help, it's good for the ride!

    Happy New Year! I hope it is lovely in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I need all the help I can get, so I'll have to go buy a bottle of champagne. I like it as wine gives me headaches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well this is very good news and quite the best treatment that I've heard for keeping Alzheimers at bay!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and Welcome!
Thanks for coming and for making your thoughts and feelings known. I appreciate all comments greatly.
Hope to see you again!
Kirsten