Pages

Monday, January 29, 2018

Paris Café


Just a quick note to say hello and post a photo
that makes us feel like we're in Paris. 

This is Le Champ de Mars
just off the park of the same name near the Eiffel Tower. 

And though I'm late,
also wanted to wish you a 
Happy New Year! 
It is still January (just barely)
so I can still fit it in. (My rules!) 

I'm here in the Pacific Northwest 
where the rain has finally begun in earnest. 
We had a little respite yesterday
but more on the way. 

I usually try to update my reading list on
GoodReads when I can. 
And since it's the rainy season
and the perfect time for a good book,
 what's everybody reading? 

I'm into two books on writing 
(see GoodReads on the right for titles)
and John LeCarré's The Night Manager
which is a fantastic short series, by the way. 
Hugh Laurie plays an excellent Bad Guy. 
And the tension is beautifully created without a lot of nasty scenes
(though rest assured, there are still a few.) 

So while we're dreaming of Paris
and waiting out the rain,
tell me what you're reading! 

Bonne Année!


(Photo copyright: Kirsten Steen)




8 comments:

  1. So glad you popped back in to let us know what's happening. Rain, rain go away. Yes, rather be in Paris, but I guess the rain is there too. I have a stack of books to get through and have started them all. Biographies. The last is about Da Vinci. Have a wonderful new year, Kirsten.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Donna! So glad to see you too. Been worried about and thinking of you! Hope all is well and you are spotting the tiny signs of the coming spring. I see the crocus and daffodil greens peeking out of the ground. Won't be long!

      Delete
  2. What a splendid restaurant! Glad to see you, Kirsten. I saw The Night Manager, too. Very good.

    I'm reading loads and loads, too. I got a couple of Paris books for Christmas and those are on the list. Too much is on the list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jeanie! Been gone too long. Good to see you too. And I know what you mean about too many. My stack just gets bigger all the time. Must make scheduled reading time. There's a good resolution!

    ReplyDelete
  4. January's almost over! And in France, you have the entire month to send your new year's wishes. So you're officially in good standing. Right on thyme!
    And as for books, you're probably not surprised when I say that I'm happily engrossed in some self-help works in this new year. Happy New February to you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay Anne! I love that the French have that window. I'm using it. A little sun in between showers today. Pretty sure you miss the contrast in SD!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This café is so charming. Love those purple chairs. And being close to the Eiffel Tower makes it even more special. Thanks for sharing the photo.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Sheri! I love this little café. And happy you came by!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and Welcome!
Thanks for coming and for making your thoughts and feelings known. I appreciate all comments greatly.
Hope to see you again!
Kirsten