Pages

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Happy Inauguration Day!

O Happy Day!

Just a note to say that this one (and most likely "that one") is riding a wave of hope and joy today. The feeling of sheer dread and doom that I felt on this day 8 years ago (which was borne out beyond my scariest nightmares) has been replaced with tears of pure joy at today's momentous event. Even my partner, whom I have never seen cry in our 18 years together, was wiping away tears at today's speech.

Let's give Obama all we can in our faith, our good wishes and our pledge to help do the work necessary to heal our future and patch up our past. And if war criminals must be prosecuted for war crimes, then so be it. Distraction or no. While we do need to look to the future, the past and its crimes do not disappear.

But for now, I just want to ride this wave of hope and happiness I feel all over the world.

Go Obama!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and Welcome!
Thanks for coming and for making your thoughts and feelings known. I appreciate all comments greatly.
Hope to see you again!
Kirsten