Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays



Hosted by MizB at shouldbereading.


Here's how to play:

*Grab your current read,
*Open to a random page,
*Share 2-3 “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page,
*Please no spoilers!
*Share the title & author.

From Tales of Passion, Tales of Woe by Sandra Gulland:
(the 2nd in the series on the life of Josephine)


"I pushed forward the list of herbals (linden blossom, wormwood, coltsfoot) that a doctor in Milan had prescribed, the tea of aloe, gentian root and jalappa.
'I also consulted a midwife, who gave me uterus powder.' I declined to tell him about the Gypsy I'd gone to in Italy- the one with a well-picked savin bush in her vegetable garden- and the rue tea Mimi had persuaded me to try."

1 comment:

  1. WHAT A COOL IDEA!!!! ANd your teaser is certainly provocative!!! How are ya'?

    Anita

    ReplyDelete

Hello and Welcome!
Thanks for coming and for making your thoughts and feelings known. I appreciate all comments greatly.
Hope to see you again!
Kirsten