Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Window shopping in Greece


So while I'm waiting for the sun to show itself again 
in the Pacific Northwest,
I thought it would be fun to do some 
Nafplion window shopping. 


In Greece,
worry beads are all the rage. 
Every window has at least a few. 


And a tourist town is nothing
without shops of sweet smelling goodies
and tasty treats. 


You can't go a mile anywhere in Greece without running across 
these little Greek altars. 
Always interesting for a look inside-
filled with sweet devotionals
and covered with kisses. 



Some Christmasy fun. 





And iconic beauty.


January has never been my favorite month
(though this one was broken up with a special visit from my sister)
so it's always fun to dress things up for some fun. 
When the sun refuses to shine,
a little window shopping helps, 
especially in Greece. 

Happy nearly end of January to you.
We're almost there. 



(Photos copyright: Kirsten Steen)

1 comment:

  1. Good morning Kirsten my sweet friend! Oh you take me around the world where I have always dreamt of going...Greece was always a destination since my childhood, along with Paris, of course! I always dreamt of being in Greece on my HONEYMOON! One day, maybe!

    Thank you so much for coming by and yes, I am so ready for SPRING!!! Anita

    ReplyDelete

Hello and Welcome!
Thanks for coming and for making your thoughts and feelings known. I appreciate all comments greatly.
Hope to see you again!
Kirsten