Pages

Monday, February 25, 2013

Van Gogh in Paris



This is something I could do all day...in Paris. 
Shoot photos of nothing but these. 
I could do an entire postcard collection of just Doors and Windows. 

One thing I love about travel is the amount of art one is exposed to.
And wish I was there now for the Van Gogh exhibition 
happening through March 17th
called Van Gogh: Reves de Japon
(Dreams of Japan)
Gallery 2,
8, rue Vignon,
75009 Paris (in the 9th).
To avoid the crowds, open til 21:00 on Wed and Friday. 

If you're in Paris,
see Van Gogh's Japanese dreams 
before they vanish. 

(Photo copyright: Kirsten Steen)

3 comments:

  1. Kirsten, I think Van Gogh is my favorite of all the classic painters with Picasso a close second. Wish I could see the show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kirsten, you have captured a lovely piece of Paris today. Like a good poet, an artist and photographer like you, catch the details of every day life and lift them to new heights. I too think that I could spend all day just quietly focusing in on an object in Paris...what a lovely thought.

    Thank you so much sweet friend of now FIVE YEARS for coming to visit me. I start my break next week, but will be BACK! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that would be a fabulous afternoon in Paris!
    I am excited, we are going to SF in a few weeks, and I will show my boys my youth ~ and see lots of friends!

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    Nathalie

    ReplyDelete

Hello and Welcome!
Thanks for coming and for making your thoughts and feelings known. I appreciate all comments greatly.
Hope to see you again!
Kirsten