Pages

Monday, December 9, 2013

The First Parisians~ at the Musee Carnavalet



Please excuse my absence this past week but I've been in travel mode which I'll write more about in an upcoming post. But for now, I'm still missing Paris...and so wish to see this exhibit.

At one of my favorite Paris museums, The Musee Carnavalet, which is free to the public (for permanent exhibits) and filled with stories, objects, paintings and artifacts all on the history of Paris, its oldest human remains are on exhibit in the archaeological section. Remnants of Mesolithic man (8000-6500 BC.) have been found in the 15th arrondissement (my neighborhood!) just 250 meters from the Seine and are now on display for the first time through Dec. 31st, 2014. (Sept. 10, 2013- Dec. 31, 2014).

If you're in Paris any time soon, stop in to see not only this exciting exhibit but the many stories about the history of Paris. The Musee Carnavalet is a treasure trove of what I call 'snapshots' of ancient Paris.

*********************************************************

Hotel Carnavalet
23, rue de Sevigne
75003, Paris
01.44.59.58.11 


(Photo via http://www.carnavalet.paris.fr/fr/musee-carnavalet)

2 comments:

  1. Carnavalet is one of my favorites, too. I love everything about it, from the room re-creations to the individual pieces and works of art. I'd recommend it to anyone, and like you, wish I could see this exhibit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This and the catacombs are two areas of interest that I missed while in Paris, but while in La Dordogne, I was BLOWN AWAY by the history of Cro-magnon man! France is truly a resting place for some of our earliest ancestors!

    Precious Kirsten, thank you for coming by to visit upon your return home! I wish you a speedy recovery from your travels, and settle in and celebrate! I am making les treize desserts chez moi! BISOUS! Anita

    ReplyDelete

Hello and Welcome!
Thanks for coming and for making your thoughts and feelings known. I appreciate all comments greatly.
Hope to see you again!
Kirsten