Pages

Monday, December 15, 2014

Brasserie Suffren and Exhibit at the Musee Maillol


One of the things I'm looking forward to while in Paris 
(THIS TIME NEXT WEEK!!)
is hitting some of my favorite eateries
and a few ART exhibitions! 

The Brasserie Suffren sits right on the corner 
(of La Motte Picquet and Avenue de Suffren)
at one of the entrances to the park of the Champs de Mars, 
the break between the 15th and 7th arrondissements. 
It boasts a beautiful Fruits de Mer plateau (seafood platter)
and a mean Soupe a l'Oignon.

It's a short walk from home
and I'm looking forward to sitting in their rouge decor, 
sipping something bubbly with the same gentleman waiters who never leave
and watching the people go by while waiting for some fabulous food. 

And across the park in the 7th arrondissement at the Musee Maillol
is an exhibit on the art collection of the Borgias, 
from Michelangelo and Da Vinci to Bellini and Raphael.
I don't know about you but I watched every episode of 
The Borgias I could get my hands on. 
Interesting to see what they collected.
Will see if I can get photos. 
A tout a l'heure. 
*********

runs from Sept. 17, 2014 to Feb. 15, 2015.

61, rue de Grenelle
7th arrondissement
Metro: Rue de Bac
Open: Mon/Wed/Thurs/Sat/Sun 10:30am- last adm 6:15pm.
Friday 10:30am-9:30pm -(last adm 8:45)



(Photo copyright: Kirsten Steen)


1 comment:

  1. Keep them coming Kirsten. Oh what fun it must be.... I watched all of the Borgias too and can't imagine such opulence. Merry Christmas to you.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and Welcome!
Thanks for coming and for making your thoughts and feelings known. I appreciate all comments greatly.
Hope to see you again!
Kirsten