Monday, November 23, 2015

Missing Paris... and some good news


This photo was taken at the Musee Marmottan in Paris
and seemed appropriate as a small tribute to the city 
and its many angels. 

What a week, there and all over the planet.

But little pieces of good news keep popping up in unexpected places.
A friend in Amsterdam came out to her bicycle
to find a hand-knitted scarf wrapped in plastic in her basket with a note: 
"For whoever finds this, open me, I'm a present!
 I'm not lost, but something someone took pleasure making and placing here for you.
 Just doing something nice for someone else." 

And right here at a local grocery,
a friend's husband posted that the gentleman behind him
paid for his family's groceries.

Everywhere angels remind us
that good will persevere
even in the face of so much treacherous hate. 

**************
And in my own backyard,
a little good news on the writing front.
My very first piece of short fiction to be published
 won second prize in Gemini Magazine
which you can find here.
*************

Let's keep spreading more good news... 
and random acts of sparkling sweetness. 


***
Musee Marmottan
2, rue Louis Boilly
75016 Paris
33.1.44.96.50.33
Open Tues-Sun 10am-6pm

(Photo copyright: Kirsten Steen)

4 comments:

donna baker said...

Oh Kirsten, first a big congratulations for your published work. I'll go there in a moment. What sweet things to hear people doing. I heard of something so sad today and this has helped me tremendously. I'll have to go out and try to pay it forward before Christmas. Not long ago I sat in the vet's office next to a man and woman with an old little dog that's tooth needed pulling. Turns out there were a lot that needed to come out. They were talking about what bill they would have to miss paying so when I went in to see the vet, I quietly told her I wanted to pay for their bill. It made me really happy to know I helped them and their beloved little gal.

Jeanie said...

I adore and do my best to practice random acts of kindness. The scarf gives me a good idea. I have many from when I over-knitted! I might take your Amsterdam friend's experience!

Ms. K @ Write On Thyme said...

I absolutely love your kindness to those dog lovers at the vet! Bless you and yours and Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Ms. K @ Write On Thyme said...

Jeanie, what a lovely idea! Keep it going from Amsterdam to you. I hope you'll do a blog post with a few photos of your random kindness scarves strategically placed around town. For awhile I placed 5 or 10 dollar bills hidden around the workplace with a note that said 'You are magnificent.' Maybe I'll have to start again but expand it around town. Here's to spreading kindness!