Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Walks in Paris~ Grenelle Sunday Market



Today you get to walk with me through the Grenelle Sunday Market!



(All photographs copyright: Kirsten Steen)




My morning started with the market and my camera while The Chef
did the shopping!





My favorite spots tend to be the honey and spices.
Always such an array of beauty and promise.



Last week we bought a large batch of
mushrooms and a to-die-for wedge of fresh butter
and sauteed them to go with our meal.



Couldn't resist a shot of this little goat next to the chevre.
A lovely little French family patiently (and with a smile)
let me slide in for the shot.


Some things I simply have to photograph
just for their color!

And these rose-shaped filets reminded me of the many fleurs of the market.


One of the things I love (though oysters are not my thing-as witnessed in the last post)
is how the oyster stalls try to make you feel as if you are on the coast
attesting to the freshness of their shelled product.


Some of the stalls, besides just these large posters,

have recordings of seagulls and waves

so you can practically feel the salt on the wind!




Shrimp is much more to my flavor preference.


And of course there are always the many varieties of
luscious fruit tarts.





Last week we made it to the Robert Doisneau exhibit
at the Foundation de Henri Cartier-Bresson.
And while it wasn't the best exhibit of his work that I've seen overall,
I still found a couple of photographs
that were some of the best I think I've come across.
His eye for detail and juxtaposing images
(even if he admitted to posing his subjects, as someone recently told me)
is stunning.



And at the very end of the market near La Motte Picquet
were several books I would have loved to take home.






Sunday in Paris is never complete without a walk through Le Marais
and the Historic Jewish Quarter
which will be photos for another post!
Until then, a bientot!

(All Photographs copyright: Kirsten Steen.
No copies may be made without permission from the artist.)

6 comments:

  1. YIKES! I could swear that you posted all of these magnificent pictures just for me....you are really a lover of all things French, Kirsten! And thank you for your warm congrates on my thesis defense...it all means so much to me! WOW! Many happy days ahead now, I hope, of creating with art and writing childrens' books! Bisous, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the amazing eye candy to cheer my day, Kirsten. I love your photos. Have a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats again Anita! You certainly deserve it!

    Thanks Anne, Glad you came by and always nice to know people appreciate you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for taking me to France with you! Wow. I could look at your photos and read your posts all day. I feel transported there. Thank you for sharing your life there. - Amy Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy~ So glad you made it over to see me. Am so happy my sharing makes others feel transported. The ultimate compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel transported. What a lovely walk through Paris.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and Welcome!
Thanks for coming and for making your thoughts and feelings known. I appreciate all comments greatly.
Hope to see you again!
Kirsten