Pages

Monday, November 2, 2020

Mini Writing Retreat

 

I'm on writing retreat this week... of my own making. 

We've been offered the use of a lovely penthouse apartment with a large terrace

and stunning views in the Vista/Washington Park area of Portland for a few months.

So besides taking a few long weekends this fall/winter with my sweetie,

I'm also taking a few days to myself as a writing retreat and starting a new writing project. 

Since we can't do our usual coast retreats this year, the use of the apartment is such a blessing  

so I'm extremely grateful. 

Sharing a few photos of the park within walking distance. 

Above is a zoom-in shot of the full moon setting this week

taken of the entrance of Washington Park from the terrace just before the sun rose.

And below is the entrance walking on foot. 






One day while on a break,
I walked up to the International Rose Garden just to see if there were any left. 








And while there was lots of gorgeous fall color,
there were only a handful of roses. 






 I did find a rhodie in full bloom in November. 



And a few blue hydrangeas left.






Below is part of the terrace view.


My sweet work space. 


And more of the terrace.




My favorite view!


So as we are soon to learn the news of who will lead our country,
remember to take good care of yourselves. 
Especially tomorrow. 
It's most likely going to be a bumpy ride. 
So save your despair or elation for the final count. 
And breathe! 




(All Photos copyright Kirsten Steen)



6 comments:

  1. What a lovely place to work or simply contemplate working! I will practice the BREATHE part and pray for good news in the am.
    Stay well, my friend. I think of you often even though we are at a distance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandi! Always such a pleasure to hear from you. Yes, breathe and LOTS of praying! Think of you too and miss you much.

      Delete
  2. That sounds like a wonderful idea and probably the best time ever to do it. Your photos are glorious and the view from your room inspiring. We must breathe and hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeanie, Thx for coming by. Time to get to your blog. And soo hoping! Xoxo

      Delete
  3. I'm green with envy! Wow! But so glad you're taking time for yourself and starting a new project. Can't wait to hear about it. Mercury is out of retro today, so full on for the writing! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Val! Yes, the writing retreat was just what I needed. Miss ours. And Yay for Mercury going out of Retrograde! Love you back!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and Welcome!
Thanks for coming and for making your thoughts and feelings known. I appreciate all comments greatly.
Hope to see you again!
Kirsten