Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

Ticket to Write


I've been back this week at Colonyhouse, 
the Oregon Writers Colony Retreat in Rockaway Beach where I go a couple of times a year.
Here Life takes a back seat and writing, center stage. 

Last year, my writing partner sent some of my Colonyhouse photos to the OWC board 
who decided to use one for their website. 
Instead of payment, I opted for a few free writer's weeks 
in exchange for the use of the photo below.


And we've been typing away this week 
with a few breaks for beach and lake walks.








A couple of blocks away, I found the perfect bench for resting, 
meditating on the tides and general all 'round enjoyment. 


And no visit to Colonyhouse would be complete 
without a trip into nearby Manzanita
(where I like to spend the afternoon writing at the
window counter of the Manzanita News and Espresso Cafe).

The storefront got a new face lift
(and mural--though I miss the bright red benches)



My mother loved Manzanita's beach and long stretch of quaintness.
I think it reminded her of Pt. Reyes in California
as it does me. 




An afternoon topped off
by a gorgeous drive back to the cabin.



A few wild elk along the bay.



One last evening before rushing back home,
to its cares and worries
that have nothing to do with my characters
and everything to do with Life. 


2 comments:

  1. Oh Kirsten,

    NOW THIS IS what makes my blood run swiftly through my veins, giving me JOY so that I can write! Our home is actually our sanctuary....bravo my dearest....WRITE ON THYME!!!!!

    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you made Colonyhouse come alive again. Gorgeous photos. A writer's paradise. Ahhh. Well, more on the way.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and Welcome!
Thanks for coming and for making your thoughts and feelings known. I appreciate all comments greatly.
Hope to see you again!
Kirsten