Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Mother's Day wishes


Mother's Day is coming up! 
And when we visited the Loire Valley one Mother's Day Weekend 
several years ago with The Chef's parents,
we found that many of the chateaux decorate their rooms with
magnificent flower arrangements for the Moms. 

Both his parents are gone now as is my Mom
and what I wouldn't give now to walk both those Moms 
through these gorgeous rooms as a Mother's Day Sunday treat. 

List of things I miss about my Mom:
* The way she swept my hair behind my ears with her long fingernails 
when I was little to put me to sleep *
* The beauty of her long elegant hands *
* Her music and radio voice *
* Late night drives in the car, my sister and I wrapped in blankets
in a bed in the back watching the stars and silhouetted trees through the window *
* Her giggle *
* Her sing-song voice when she was in a good mood *
* Her I love you's *
* Her love of all things purple *


If you are blessed to still have your mom, 
I hope you have a little something sweet planned for her.
And if this day simply brings up loss and sadness, 
I hope you will show yourself some sweetness.
Pick a bouquet from the garden for yourself,
or stop by the store for a little tenderness for your heart. 
We all tend to mother those close to us in our lives
so don't forget to mother yourself this weekend. 

Bonne Fete des Meres!



 (The above photo is Chateau Azay le Rideau.
For a little more info on the chateau itself, Click HERE.) 



(Photo copyright: Kirsten Steen)


6 comments:

  1. Sweet Kirsten. Such a nice tribute to remember her with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Donna! Always a sad day for me. Thanks for being here and Happy Mother's Day to you!

      Delete
  2. I love this post to bits, Kirsten. I miss my mom so much -- I really should be over it by now. It's been 41 years. But at this time, around her birthday and the time she died and Mother's Day, it is extra hard. I have one of those lists, too. And your words about "if you still have a mom" ring so very true. Sending cyber hugs this holiday to you.

    And thanks for stopping by the blog today. Spring is here. At least, this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanie, I know what you mean. It's been almost 15 for me. Wish I dreamed of her more often. Hugs right back at you!

      Delete
  3. How sweet your memories! This will be my first year without Mom on Mother's Day. She always sent me a card as I did to her, and I talked with her on the phone. For four years while she lived here, we celebrated together. This year Jason takes me to breakfast and later we have a blessing and party for Mia Joy. It will be a glorious day, tinged with sadness, but a celebrations of mothers gone and mothers now. A big hug and Happy Mother's Day to you who have mothered many. love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you, Val! And I hope yours is extra special this year with the arrival of your new great-grand babygirl partly named after you. Hopefully the (Mia) Joy will out-tinge the sadness of your loss. Thinking of you and all you have coming up regarding your sweet Mom. Hugs and love!

      Delete

Hello and Welcome!
Thanks for coming and for making your thoughts and feelings known. I appreciate all comments greatly.
Hope to see you again!
Kirsten