Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2018

Holding Vigil





I'm holding vigil for a friend who is doing the hard work 
of making her way to the other side. 
This photo is taken from her altar when I stayed with her awhile back. 
I was supposed to see her today probably for the last time
and to sit with others who have loved her dearly 
to meditate, hold vigil and send her as much love 
as she might need to soar. 
But our time together was cancelled by her caregiver at the last moment. 

So I'm holding my own vigil. 
This photo perfectly fits how I'm feeling. 
I'm holding the beauty of her flame,
 her precious life, in my heart. 

If you're so moved, please say a prayer for her journey. 



5 comments:

  1. Oh Kirsten. So Sorry. I sent you an email. I wondered if you were there or not. You are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The prayers are soaring for your friend, Kirsten. Warm hearts and kind thoughts are the best solution.
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. My arms around you. I know what you given and now what you must let go of. She was indeed a pioneer and a woman of your heart. My love in big bunches and always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A prayer for your friend. And for you. Giving your heart and care to a friend over time is such a gift and when that person leaves, the loss is hard. So, I send love your way to you and for your friend in transition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you feel my love and light bringing you support and comfort.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and Welcome!
Thanks for coming and for making your thoughts and feelings known. I appreciate all comments greatly.
Hope to see you again!
Kirsten