Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2018

Divine Feminine Oracle Cards


Another book bento, this time for the Divine Feminine Oracle Cards I just received
by the amazing Meggan Watterson and Hay House. 
A deck of magnificent cards of goddesses, saints and divine women figures
along with the booklet that describes each and their positive message. 
I picked the card of Brigid for my post today:
The Goddess of the Eternal Flame. 
Her message couldn't be more perfect for me right now. 

Brigid represents the flame, that light we carry deep within us
that never goes out though we might think and fear that it has. 
And the shift and healing that takes place 
after walking in the dark of a cold winter
for what feels like far too long. 
An internal light that reminds us that we do not walk alone
and the best is yet to come. 
She is the light of dawn
and hope and healing and growth of spring. 
And the reminder that the dark, the winter never lasts long
and that we are all sacred. 

***********


The Divine Feminine makes me think of Provence
and my trip to Mary Magdalene's cave, La Baume,
which was a magical journey for me. 
It makes me think of the balancing of the feminine and masculine energies
and the state of the world and its perilous imbalance right now. 
And of course I think of MM herself.

It also makes me think of my mother.
I didn't realize until writing this just now that, my mother,
who passed several years ago, is now part of my Divine Feminine frame of reference. 
Like all of us, while she was always a tiny part of the Divine Mind 
without really truly knowing or fully understanding that, 
(as is true for many),
she now has an even greater, stronger, more powerful connection 
to the Divine Feminine. 

And I think of the women I've known
who have recently lost husbands and beloveds
and the tribe of women who share the understanding of that kind of grief. 
Mary Magdalene shares in that company and tribe. 
That is some powerful company. 

So grateful for this gorgeous deck 
with its divine and uplifting messages. 
Thank you, Meggan Watterson!
(Artwork by Lisbeth Cheever-Gessaman)

** Sidenote:
The tiny, barely-visible cross leaves at the bottom of the Bookbento
are the dried olive leaves from Mary Magdalene's cave
where I journeyed to in the South of France 3 years ago this month.
I took them off the floor where they had fallen from
the two small olive trees in pots on the lower level of the cave.
These are flanked by the medallions I bought in the abbaye gift shop:
one of MM and one of St. Michael. I submerged them in the pool of water
in the back of the cave so they would be imbued with what I would call Holy Water
after centuries of veneration to Mary Magdalene. 




(Photo copyright: Kirsten Steen)


6 comments:

  1. These are absolutely beautiful, Kirsten. I love things like this and I especially love hearing about the remarkable women in your life. Truly, the divine feminine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanie, I don't know why I didn't think of it before when thinking of the Divine Feminine. Of course, our mothers who are no longer in physical form are part of our divine feminine circle. Thanks for being here! Xoxo

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful tableaux Kirsten. Mary's cave? Wow. I thought it was in Turkey. Such history. I don't know much about the Divine Feminine. Amanda Summer's blog is all about it as she has studied and written about it. She regularly visits and has studied in Greece. I think she's in my followers list. You'd enjoy her writings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Donna! Yes, legend has it that MM's cave is in Provence. I'd go back every year if I could. Can't wait for the next visit when I hope to take my partner who wasn't able to go with me. And thanks also for the blogger's info here. I'll have to check it out! Hugs to you and email on the way!

      Delete
  3. I love that addendum about the olive leaves and how mystical and moving it was to have you intuitively put them in the water. I think this down time for you is all about exploring the Divine Feminine even more than you have and it will imbue your novel with the right energy to finish it. Thank you for tea and crumpets. Lovely to be with you and Anne on such a gorgeous day! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww... thanks, Val! So nice to see you and finally catch up too. And I'm hoping you're right about the DF and the novel. Love you back!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and Welcome!
Thanks for coming and for making your thoughts and feelings known. I appreciate all comments greatly.
Hope to see you again!
Kirsten