Pages

Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Monterey Weekend






Hard to believe 4th of July is already over. 
I haven't even finished posting photos from Memorial Day weekend! 
So, as promised, here are a few.



Carmel was as lovely as I'd been told. 





And Monterey such a treat. 





Among some of the old buildings,
written about in Steinbeck novels,
there is lots of modern beauty as well.
The trip made me realize how little Steinbeck I've actually read. 











We enjoyed walking and perusing the main streets and shops...





As well as the beaches and coastline. 








We had planned to go to Yosemite
but realized the crowds were going to make it miserable
so were able to cancel our hotel room 
and get a place in Pacific Grove 
so we could explore Big Sur
and more of Carmel and Monterey. 






We would barely have had any real time 
in Carmel and Monterey so we made the right choice. 

Back next time with more coastline shots
of the gorgeous Big Sur. 

Hope you're enjoying your summer! 
We've had remarkably mild temps so far 
compared to the things I keep reading in the news.
What's the weather doing where you are? 


(All photos copyright: Kirsten Steen)

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful spot -- and so very peaceful. I know you had a lovely time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jeanie,
    We did have a lovely time! Cannot get over how beautiful the houses are right along the beach in Carmel. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted to visit Carmel, with it's one of a kind pretty shops and artisan wares. The views are spectacular, thank you for sharing such beauty.
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo, I was surprised how very much I enjoyed the entire area! So much fun exploring. If only I lived closer! Thx for being here!

      Delete
  4. There is always time for more Steinbeck. I reread "East of Eden" this year. Powerful novel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. David, I must make time to do that, especially after being in Steinbeck country! So much to read, so little time. Appreciate your visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and Welcome!
Thanks for coming and for making your thoughts and feelings known. I appreciate all comments greatly.
Hope to see you again!
Kirsten