Pages

Monday, June 15, 2020

Paris Writing Spot... and Reopening


What a difference a few months make! 
Global Pandemic! Civil Rights Movement! Rioting in the streets. 
It's a whole new world. 
And all leading up to the election of our lifetimes. 
Time for a short Paris break! 

It looks like Paris is starting to open up. 
With fewer cases, Macron is easing restrictions on cafes and restaurants,
including travel bans from European countries.
Schools will open next week. 

My last post was a photo of a place I wrote in the Pacific Northwest. 
This photo is a place I've spent time writing in Paris. 
Just across the Champ de Mars from us near the Eiffel Tower,
it's a cafe/resto of the same name,
Le Champ de Mars.
This photo seemed appropriate for the opening of restaurants and bars. 
I also just realized that it was on this date in 2004,
that we began our year off to live in Paris. 
What an adventure that was! 

So the big news from here
is that I am finally querying New York literary agents 
with my novel. Wish me luck!
And in the meantime, during the lock down here, 
I've been taking more online writing classes, journal writing,
more cooking, and thinking about the next book in the series. 

We were supposed to be in Paris (and Greece) this spring
but the pandemic and travel bans put a halt to that. 
So I'm trying to make good use of my time
but oh how I wish I was sitting at a cafe
writing and people watching 
in the City of Light!
Hopefully soon!

Hope you are healthy and well!
It's a painful, excruciating time.
It's a time of loss but also of growth and soul stretching....
which are all painful. 
But good things come from seeds underground. 
May you find exactly what you need.  




(Photo copyright: Kirsten Steen)


6 comments:

  1. Well done on the querying. I hope all goes well. It's a VERY big deal. I was supposed to be in England this fall. Not happening... but... at least we'll have Paris in another couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeanie, So nice to see you! Are you going to Paris soon?!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Oui, moi aussi! Hopefully it won't be an entire year away. Xoxo

      Delete

Hello and Welcome!
Thanks for coming and for making your thoughts and feelings known. I appreciate all comments greatly.
Hope to see you again!
Kirsten