Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Holidays in Paris




Back to share a few photos of our recent visit to Paris 
over the holidays. 
Above is the department store BHV 
(pronounced Bay-Osh-Vay).

When we lived in Paris for a year,
we rode the metro down here to the Hotel de Ville stop on the 1 line
every single time we needed something for the apartment. 
They have an entire (basement) floor dedicated to hardware and maintenance. 
Now we have a Castorama right in our hood
so when we need something, we only need to walk a couple of blocks. 
Much less expensive too!







For some reason, 
I never truly feel like I've fully arrived in Paris
until I get myself down to the island, 
the place Paris began, 
the oldest section.


And walk in steps others have tread for centuries. 



Pictures are no longer allowed inside 
Shakespeare and Company
so I can only share outdoor photos now
(though I did sneak a few some years back HERE.) 






Loved this quote from Leonard Cohen outside the store. 



And I usually take this pic because I love this shot of Notre Dame 
behind the bicycles that are ALWAYS parked here. 



And of course
the iconic shot of the Eiffel Tower. 
Will be back next time with a few more of the tower
from our bridge on the river. 

Hope everyone had a lovely holiday
and New Year! 

HAPPY 2019!!




(Photos copyright: Kirsten Steen)










6 comments:

  1. I love Paris when we went in 2010. Shakespeare and Co was one of my first stops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Penny,
      No Americans I know can't NOT stop in Shakespeare and Co. I just wish you could still take photos inside! Thx for coming by!

      Delete
  2. I can't wait till your next post. We loved our recent visit to Paris (before our England trip) and BHV is my very favorite store. How I would love to visit at Christmas -- your photos are exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have so enjoyed your photos, Jeanie! One thing I didn't get this trip were pictures of any of the dept store Christmas displays. Always so much fun. Spent A LOT of time in that BHV when we were decorating.

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous photos as usual, Kirsten! Thanks for giving me a hit of Paris. I miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thx, Val! Glad to be of service. More to come! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Hello and Welcome!
Thanks for coming and for making your thoughts and feelings known. I appreciate all comments greatly.
Hope to see you again!
Kirsten